Huwebes, Enero 19, 2012

I'll Take The Fall

My favorite season has to be Autumn. Though I love the mild days of Spring, the cool nights and warm days of Fall give me energy. The changing of the leaves from green to deep shades of red, gold, and yellow brings a glow to the atmosphere. As the leaves fall I find the task of raking them to be sheer pleasure, even when my big oak trees create bag after bag of yard waste. And when the piles of leaves grow to monstrous heights, my grand children love nothing more than jumping into them before I have the chance to bag them for the trash gatherers. When I walk in the woods, the crunching of the leaves under foot reminds me of the autumns of my childhood when blackbirds cawed from high trees and the smoke from fireplaces gave witness to the deepening cold.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento